Senior Unity Developer (f/m/d)
Senior Unity Developer (f/m/d)
Become a Game Developer at Travian Games in our NEW GAMES department to inject life into innovative, player-focused games and build experiences that will fulfill our millions of players’ impossible dreams.
At NEW GAMES, we love and breathe games! We strive to make the best experience for players like us. We measure our success by how rapidly we learn, not how right we are. We value everyone’s input, and everyone on the team is expected without ego to contribute to regular playtesting, process improvement and idea generation – because we know great games are built by the collective expertise and passion of the team. We thrive in ambiguity, crazy ideas, in change and in restarts – we know most people don’t like this, but it’s part of our DNA because we are entrepreneurs and problem solvers.
As a Game Developer at Travian Games, you bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software DeveloperSenior, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead lateral and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
- Design and implement robust, scalable, and performant solutions in close collaboration with other disciplines
- Implement prototypes to find answers to product questions
- Collaborate with product and discipline leads to identify focus areas, handoff points, and provide the best solution for the development phase
- Follow and contribute to the technical direction and standards for the team
- Mentor other engineers on the team in all aspects of game development
- SERIOUS GAMER! Live/breath games.
- Experience developing multiple live game titles on mobile and Unity
- Skilled in integrating UI/UX elements into Unity
- Experience with network solutions (photon/mirror) for PVP/PVE/MetaGame prototyping
- Understanding general concept of ArtStyle/GameDesign/Market to discuss and brainstorm about different areas of games
- Agile development experience
- Can demonstrate experience using marketplace/store solutions/plugins - doesn't re-invent the wheel
- High level of understanding and problem solving skills about algorithms/mathematics
- Low ego, ideas can be challenged, and opinions changed, not very attached to own ideas – seamless collaborator
- Several years of gameplay development experience
- Proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience collaborating with teammates across multiple disciplines
- Product sense, pragmatism, and player empathy in making tech decisions
- Experience in early lifecycle games – prototype and preproduction
- Experience with general gameplay systems
Our Commitment To You
- Hybrid work: Benefit from our hybrid work policy that supports a mixture of in-office and remote work from any German address! There are four mandatory on-site company events per year, where we work together on self-defined projects and, most importantly, celebrate our successes!
- Flexible work: Within our core hours (10 am - 4:30 pm), you decide when and where to work without crunch time. Got little monsters at home? In that case, you'll benefit from our support for childcare and Kita cooperation while you enjoy our attractive Munich headquarters.
- Flexible vacation days: You get 30 days of vacation – that’s standard. But here comes the flex. When you see by the end of the year that you need more time off to go skiing – you can take up to 5 more vacation days unpaid. On the other hand, if you prefer fewer days but more money, get up to 5 vacation days paid out.
- Work abroad: Want to surf at sunrise and work from your beach apartment? No problem! Up to 90 days per calendar year, you can work abroad in up to 50 countries. Just make sure you've got a stable internet connection. Hello? Oh, you’re offline.
- Public transport support: We offer support using public transport throughout Germany. You can choose the “Deutschlandticket” as one of three subsidies or get an advantage via salary conversion for public transport tickets (pay ticket from gross instead of net and save on taxes).
- Make an impact: At Travian Games, you aren’t just a number. You’ll always be working on exciting tasks and meaningful projects. Express your opinions freely, and benefit from our open culture to help shape our games.
- Personal development: We want to develop great people just as much as great games. Benefit from our regular in-house and external training to develop yourself personally and professionally. We also offer language classes in German, English, French, and Spanish.
- Health and well-being: We've partnered with Wellpass-Qualitrain, where you can choose from 6000 partners in the sports and wellness network throughout Germany. If you pick this as your subsidy option, we’ll pay a huge chunk of the costs. We also have an excellent bike leasing scheme, so you can get a bike of your choosing.
- Choose your hardware: Mac or PC, iOS or Android? We've got what you need to help you excel in your craft, and we won’t judge you for what you choose… Probably.
- Regular socials and events: The office might look quiet (due to our excellent hybrid work benefit) but don't be alarmed; we still hold social events regularly! Free food and drink on the company!
Now it's time to apply!
If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you! We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. Please forward us your CV and a presentation of yourself in any form whatsoever.
Scope of activitiesIT and software development
LocationsWilhelm-Wagenfeld-Straße 22, 80807 München, Germany
Working Toward a Better, Diverse Future at Travian Games
Travian Games is a place where we prioritize building diversity, equity, and inclusion because we believe that it results in happier and healthier teams and better games.
When we say together in games, we mean it. We're a diverse games company from all walks of life, so regardless of race, gender, color, sexual orientation, disability, pronouns, religion, size, or appearance, everyone's welcome at Travian Games. We constantly strive to create environments where everyone feels empowered, creative, and successful. We also encourage applications even if you feel as if you do not tick all the boxes.
Be your authentic you. We wouldn't want it any other way.